tremble clef

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

S Club 7, "Ass Club Party" (2000)

Just how many songs about bum-lovin' has Rachel Stevens been a part of?

I count at least two. Sure, by now we all know about "I Said Never Again (But Here We Are)." How it's all about going in the out door. Strolling down Cadbury Road. Dancing with Bubba. Playing my new guitar.

But I'm here to remind you of the song she did with her old mates in S Club 7, in which they hide a dark tale of depraved group anal sex orgies behind a bright, cheesy, infectious goofball melody. Tina's doing her dance, Jon's looking for romance, Paul's getting down on the floor, and Hannah's screaming out for more! I'll bet. Meanwhile, we wanna see Bradley swing, and Rachel do her thing! Poor Jo, however, has got the flow (eewww!), so she is excusing herself from the proceedings. The proceedings being: Ass club party! Ain't no party like an ass club party! Ooh-ooh! Ooh-ooh! Throw your hands in the air! (So that I can see 'em.) Like you just don't care! Ass club party! Wooo!!

We must inform the church elders.

["Um. I think the lyric (and title) is 'S Club Party.' It's not really about...butts, is it? I mean...is it?" - Ed.]

["Also: Hello, googlers." - Ed.]

7 Comments:

  • But what happened to Rachel between 2000 and now? Once upon a time, there was nothing better than an ass club party. Now, she says that rough love is so deceiving. Do you think that S Club 7 actually broke up because an ass club party got out of hand?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:39 PM  

  • Obviously she regained her anal virginity between 2000 and 2005.

    BTW: 2 months, 9 days. That's how long it took for this blog to descend into assfoolery.

    By Blogger Brittle, at 10:06 PM  

  • Good track for my morning. But suddenly reminds me of that 1 Sclub7 song i really love - keep on moving. Need to find that song NOW...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:38 AM  

  • Don't get me started about how "Don't Stop Moving" is about felching.

    By Blogger Brittle, at 12:20 PM  

  • I totally believe you, especially since i have no idea what "felching" means...
    And i now found "don't stop moving" (and not "keep on moving")

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:33 PM  

  • 1. Oh, you don't want to know.

    2. I too sometimes get my Living Joys and my S Club 7s confused, thereby stepping on my joke.

    3. And it is a joke, because I wouldn't want people to really think that "Keep On Moving" is about felching.

    4. On the other hand, we could talk about how Jo O'Meara's "What Hurts The Most" is also about rough love.

    5. No, it's not, really.

    By Blogger Brittle, at 6:58 PM  

  • i try to learn 1 new thing every day. Thanks for today's lesson... Poor kids who did not know what they were singing about.
    This reminds me of France Gall's "les sucettes a l'anis"...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home