tremble clef

Thursday, March 23, 2006

The Similou, "All This Love" (2005)

Someday, hopefully soon, when they write the definitive Encyclopedia Of Pop Music, they will devote a chapter to funny toy sound effects. In this chapter Nu Shooz would presumably hold a place of honor, and Pet Shop Boys' "Heart" would be hailed as its apotheosis.

Possibly I am exaggerating, or perhaps just delirious with the vapors (I'm better, actually -- thanks). But now that I'm gotten ge-ge-ge-ge-ge-ge-ge-ge, ge-ge-ge-ge-ge-ge, and ah-ah-ah-ah-ah into your heads, doesn't it seem desirable to have such a chapter, even imperative?

The Similou, a Swedish electropop band who has a tinge of the Junior Seniors about them, hereby make their bid to be included. "All This Love" -- a single in Europe last year, and, as Popjustice reminds us, finally getting a UK release this week -- has a jaunty diddly-doo electronic bit that won't leave your head. As is often the case with such records, the result is that we have a song with, in effect, two choruses, backed by big 80s drums. "All this love!/Saved up for nothing!/I never felt so blue!/And all this love!/Rainbow styling! (Styling! Styling!)" In an admirable attempt at consistency, the real chorus is just about as silly and nonsensical as the sound effects (unless, of course, the lyric is really just about having blue balls).

Update: YSI link now active.

2 Comments:

  • Hmph. I just have the hardest time with EZshare. T'aint so easy! It's given me blue balls b/c I cannot hear the song.

    By Blogger xolondon, at 9:47 PM  

  • I was trying to upload to the usual YSI, but their servers have been crapping out. Check back later and I'll have it on YSI, I promise.

    By Blogger Brittle, at 9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home