tremble clef

Monday, April 03, 2006

Husky Rescue, "Sleep Tight Tiger" (2004)

Welcome to the world, which you've been in for, what, three days now, and it must seem very wondrous to you, as it did to me then, and for the most part it is indeed so. I wish I could write you a poem, one to wish you, say, "a skilled/Vigilant, flexible/Unemphasised, enthralled/Catching of happiness," but I don't have that way with words. Resigned to being a borrower, and if I were closer, I would try something more modest, perhaps sing you a lullaby: sleep tight tiger, sweet dreams till tomorrow, I love you love you love you first thing in the morning, the day time, the night time, when the angels are calling, they whisper, whisper in the top of my tongue, the tiny little words that tickle your ear drum. Because I'm sure your mommies need sleep as much as you do, and you're like them too in that, when you wake, each and every time, you wake to love.

2 Comments:

  • Sounds pretty poetic to me -- lovely sentiments. You poetic borrow, you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:45 AM  

  • I think I went too far when, overly inspired by the lullaby, I painted the newborn in orange paint and tiger stripes, though.

    By Blogger Brittle, at 7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home