tremble clef

Thursday, October 12, 2006

X-Press 2 featuring Tim DeLaughter, "Witchi Tai To" (2006)

It was gross when Public Image Ltd did it:



Still gross, but, fine, a bit funny when Dubstar had their turn:



And then did it again:



Which I never quite understood, by the way: the first Disgraceful sleeve with the turned-out pencil case was too rude, so it gets replaced with a slipper that connotes exactly the same thing -- but now with added bunny ears! -- and it becomes okay? Hmm.

So, X-Press 2, I'm just saying it's all a bit played out:



I feel like I should take a leaf from The Office's book and award someone a Dundie for "Bushiest Busiest Beaver."

Um, let's have a song instead. I've posted a track from Makeshift Feelgood before: the "I Feel Love"-sampling, second single "Kill 100." This here is the band's cover of the old Jim Pepper jazz standard, "Witchi Tai To." The boys have laid the familiar Peyote chant on top of a gentle dance beat, augmented by some nice synthesized strings at the end. Sing, or you prefer, whistle along to it. You know how to whistle, don't you? You -- sigh, wait for it, you knew it was coming, I'M SORRY, OKAY? -- just put your lips together and blow.

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home