tremble clef

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Jamelia, "Hustle" (2006)

Not a real post for you today. But you could consider reading my contributions to Enthusiastic But Mediocre's Chart Challenge of Death: Croatia! I'm the panelist "BL," obviously. I noticed that Edward started off by gushing about Margaret Berger's "Will You Remember Me Tomorrow," and coincidentally Jessica at Into The Groove also blogged that song yesterday. Great minds, etc..

I have also continued to blurb about some singles for the Stylus jukebox, albeit under a name you may not associate with me. In the latest edition, I talk about Eddie Murphy (?), dead eyes (??), constipation (???), and arse-licking (of course). As you do when you review the latest singles. Um, the last two items are not in the same sentence, thankfully.

On the other hand, I didn't write this review, but Daft Monk makes an interesting case that I might as well have. I make some noises of gratitude and agreement in his comment box.

Oh, what the hell, let's have a song. An appropriate one, in light of that last item. I never wrote about Jamelia's new album, Walk With Me. Part of it is that my favorite song is also Edward's: the fantastic closing track "Hustle." A few weeks ago -- which is to say, very many weeks after I first started listening to the song -- I suddenly realized that the backing track, with its orchestral stabs, is essentially "Eye Of The Tiger." Thief! Sort of! A bloody marvellous one!

3 Comments:

  • I feel very very old. And very very deaf. What are these lyrics?

    0:46/1:44 -- "Are you waking up with Mister Pants?"
    1:07/2:03/2:51 -- "Better give me all them muscle crimes"?
    1:29 -- something that's not quite "choking that chicken with the palm of your hand"
    1:14/2:11/2:58, most of Sway's rap -- ???

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:02 PM  

  • My favorite from the CD too. A lost hit.

    By Blogger xolondon, at 8:18 AM  

  • Hooray, I chose this song as my favourite when I wrote the BBC review of Walk with Me.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home