tremble clef

Friday, September 01, 2006

Bic Runga, "Counting The Days" (2002)

Number of days Tremble Clef has been in existence: 366

Number of posts, including this one, spread across those days: 209

Number of mp3s, including this one, those posts have contained: 251

Number of words in the longest post (albeit one in five parts): 6,946

Number of words in the shortest post (albeit one with a newspaper clipping that, um, had words): 1

Number of words it took me to talk about Gwen Stefani's "Cool": 1,120

Number of seconds in "Cool" that that entry really considers: 8

Number of posts I wrote before I accused a songwriter of possibly being gay: 2

Number of posts that have used the phrase "bum-lovin'": 1

Number of alternatives I offered to that phrase in that post: 4

Number of other sexual references in this blog's life: 69 70

Number of ways, according to me, that one could sing the phrase "woo-woo!": 2

On a scale of 1 to 10, the likelihood, when I started this blog, that I thought I would use the phrase "dubitative mood" in a post: -3

Or the phrase "unseam myself from nave to chaps": -6

Number of songs that, after being reviewed by this blog, underwent a title change, thereby making me look like a chump: 1

Number of times I've written a review of Nelly Furtado's "Maneater," using a version of the song from an advance sampler, saying that the song is great but needs a middle eight, only to find that the subsequent album version actually added such a refrain: 1

Possibility, out of ten, that I am therefore a genius: 11

Number of posts that have used graphs and charts: 3

Number of posts written in ways and styles meant to, somewhat ill-advisedly, kinda mimick the songs themselves: 5

Number of posts that contain references to Friends, like, what the hell, is this the only TV show you've ever watched in your life?: 3

Oh wait, phew, I guess I've also referred to Seinfeld in this number of posts: 1

Number of odes to record shops and/or record buying: 4

Number of posts that seem nostalgically fetishistic about physical CDs, cassettes, or records, or even the stickers on them, or the posters made from them: 6

Number of posts that, if you read them together, gives you a rough picture of my current day job: 3

Although by "rough," I mean "really rough," since the likelihood (out of ten) that the posts will just suggest to you that I work in a place crawling with snakes and bureaucrats, like, wait, was that redundant phrasing anyway?: 10

Number of posts that, when pieced together, gives you a pretty good picture of my childhood and adolescent years: [measuring device broken]

Or, for that matter, about my current halflife: [still no reading available]

Number of posts, however, written in the second-person point of view that are most definitely not about me: 2

Extent, from 1 to 10, to which I currently wish I had set up this blog using wordpress or something that would have allowed me to tag my entries and classify them into various categories: 12

On the same scale, extent to which it has been, for me, a fun run: 100

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home